Taking an external news feed or switching any other stereo audio source “to air” can often require expensive rack-mounted hardware. Not any more – My USB/RS232 Audio Switcher is a simple and cost-effective solution to having feeds like Sky News, outside broadcasts and other sources routed to air via a command from your playout system.
The box reacts to serial strings which makes it possible to control from most playout systems – Macros supported include: On, Off and Timed. The Timed function enables the audio switch for the duration specified. The unit is the same size as my USB Fader Start Interface.
- Connects to computer via USB (for control and power)
- RS232/Serial Port interface for control: On, Off, Timed
- Stereo audio switch – or can work in dual-mono mode
- 6.35mm balanced sockets for audio input+output
- 3x phono sockets for direct on/off toggle
- Control from mAirList, Myriad, StationPlaylist Studio, RCS Zetta etc
Availability and Price : Prototype under test with units expected to ship during January.
Cost is likely to be around £100 including UK shipping. Sales to EU locations around 120 Euros.
More details, including pictures, will be posted here when they are available…