DAC Cartwall is an easy-to-use jingle player that offers multiple pages of instant audio buttons ready for quick playback or loading into a dedicated player. It can read from a variety of tag formats allowing for easy integration with an existing automation system.
Although DAC works best when used on a touchscreen, navigation can be accomplished via mouse as well as F1/F2/F3 to start/stop the playback decks. Remote-start via joystick is also possible.
DAC offers lightning-fast navigation of jingle pages and instant audio playback: 56 buttons per page, 10 pages per “Set” and an unlimited number of Sets allow for near-instant audio load+playback of 1000s of jingles/clips. Items can be loaded into 1 of 3 “Decks” or your can enable the “Instant” mode to touch ‘n’ play instantly.
It’s a great way to allow your presenters flexibility in playing their own audio/tracks (perhaps from a USB stick) without “upsetting” your existing playout system.
DAC Cartwall v4.44 Setup
Instant audio player for jingles, sound-effects and clips.
DAC Cartwall Skin Files
A collection of MSStyles that can be used with most of my applications. These are freely available online and this ZIP file contains some of the nicer ones.
You can have as many cart pages (or “Sets”) as you need – Station IDs, Liners, Promos, Jock Drops and even Sound Effects or News Clips. DAC is in use at thousands of places – including college/university stations, community radio, theatres, stadiums playing everything from news inserts, quiz/sport/theatre sound-effects to jingles on a major-market breakfast show.
- GUI can be skinned using MSStyles… No more “battleship grey” – click here for some examples
Download a selection of usable skin files here
- 10 pages per Cart Set
- 56 Instant Audio Buttons per page
- 3 Playback Decks for loading audio plus an “instant” player
- Assign the players to any sound device
- Works with any USB audio mixers such as Behringer DX2000, D&R Airmate etc
- Touch-screen friendly for quick-fire use
- Database Browser with extensive library search/sort and on-screen keyboard
- Auto-Segue based on audio threshold – allowing smooth sequence of playback decks
- Intro Countdown on Playback Decks
- Re-sizable window allows for most screen resolutions
- VU Meters
- Ducking Mode – Decks can duck while the Instant Playing is playing – Ideal for playing news clips/liners over a talk-bed
- Built-in Recorder/Editor for off-air production or telephone recording
- Administrator Login option to prevent presenters from tampering with the settings/jingle sets
- Can maintain a log of all played audio to a text file
- Drag ‘n’ drop files from Windows to a button/Player
- Plays APE, FLAC, MP3 and WAV audio files
- APE/ID3 and CartChunk Artist/Title support
- Clone Button feature for easily duplicating button colours on a large Set
- Remote-Starts via analogue/USB joystick – start the 3 players from your mixer. Pulse or continuous logic supported
Click here for a wiring diagram
The Velleman K8055N USB interface is also supported
- Remote-Control via RS232 strings
- Remote-Control via UDP – control DAC from a playout system, remote-computer, smartphone or even your own RaspberryPi GUI (eg: guest/remote presenter).
- Sends UDP commands to control split-playout (such as AdSplits) and other hardware