DACFree is a stripped-down version of my popular DAC Cartwall software and is offered FREE… It can be used where you don’t need the full features of DAC Cartwall, but perhaps wish to keep the familiar layout and make use of (page 1) your existing DAC Cart Sets. DACFree is ideal for your newsroom, smaller studio, theatre (eg: sound effects) and even an outside-broadcast truck.
DACFree v1.0 Setup
Full installation for first-time users.
DACFree CHM Help File
This is included with the program but you may download and read it without installing the main software.
DACFree Skin Files
A collection of MSStyles that can be used with most of my applications. These are freely available online and this ZIP file contains some of the ones that look good.
Free and offered “as-is” with no support whatsoever!
Of course, there are some limitations to this program compared with the full DAC program… These are :
- 1 Page per Cart Set – but fully compatible with your DAC Cartwall Sets!
- No Database/Library
- No Production Recorder/Editor
- No Ducking Mode
- No Sequencing of Players
- No Remote-Start from Joystick, K8055 or UDP
Just like DAC Cartwall, DACFree is an easy-to-use jingle player that offers multiple pages of instant audio buttons (56 per page) ready for quick playback or loading into a dedicated player. It can read APE/ID3, mAirList and CartChunk tag data – allowing easy integration with an existing automation system. F1/F2/F3 can also be used to Start/Stop the 3 playback decks.
DACFree offers lightning-fast navigation of jingle pages and instant audio playback – Items can be loaded into 1 of 3 “Decks” or enable the “Instant” mode to touch ‘n’ play instantly. DACFree is touch-screen friendly and can work at a variety of screen resolutions – 1024×768 being the native resolution. It’s also a great way to allow your presenters flexibility in playing their own audio/tracks (perhaps from a USB stick) without “upsetting” your existing playout system.
Have as many cart pages/sets as you need – Station IDs, Liners, Promos, Jock Drops and even Sound Effects/News Clips. It can be used standalone or alongside your playout system to give presenters some flexibility to play there own jingles or audio from portable storages. Audio can be loaded from any visible (local or mapped) drive as well as portable memory such as SD cards and USB sticks.
- GUI can be skinned using MSStyles… No more “battleship grey” – click here for some examples
Download a selection of my favourite skin files here
- 56 Instant Audio Buttons per page
- 3 Playback Decks for loading audio plus an “instant” player
- Assign the players to any sound device (even a 7.1 card for 3x stereo outs)
- Works with the Behringer DX2000’s USB audio engine
- Works with a touch-screen for quick-fire use
- Intro Countdown on Playback Decks
- Re-sizable window allows for any screen resolution
- VU Meters
- Keeps a log of all played items
- Drag ‘n’ drop files from Windows to a button/Player
- Plays FLAC, MP3 and WAV audio files
- APE/ID3 and CartChunk Artist/Title support