Managing songs, tagging attributes and setting intro/hook/segue points are a necessary evil in radio – Wouldn’t it be nice if you could kick-start your music library with some pre-existing data? Now you can – I am offering a set of data files which have the potential to auto-populate over 17,200 audio with meta-data.
These JMD files work with MyLibrary and allow you to tag, manage and export song details to 10 different playout systems. The files match your existing songs in Artist – Title.ext format and work with MP3 or WAV files. You supply the audio and any matching filenames are automatically tagged for you. eg: ABBA – Dancing Queen.mp3 (or .wav) will be tagged with the data from ABBA – Dancing Queen.jmd from this data set. You could even use the CSV file to “slipstream” (using an SQL query) missing fields (such as Years) into an existing database.
Here’s a sample of what a JMD contains
(JMD filenames are *not* case-sensitive)
- Over 17,200 JMD Data Files for use with MyLibrary – spans 1952 to now
- Includes Intro/Hook/Outro/Segue Cue Points, Years, Categories/Genres, BPM, Tempo, Gender
- Includes a CSV (comma-separated-value) text file of the data
- Requires a song with a matching filename
- Export this data to at least TEN playout systems: AudioEnhanceDPS, AutoTrack, BCX3, Dalet (via the ACE converter), EncoDAD, Genesys, mAirList, Natural Music, PlayoutONE, Powergold, PSquared AutoTrack/Myriad, RCS NexGen/Selector/Master Control/Zetta, StationPlaylist Creator/Studio
Full List – I’m often asked for the full list of songs, so you can view that here.
(last updated 20th August)
Sample JMD Files – This ZIP file contains a few sample files which you can match up with your own audio files and load into MyLibrary to see how the data works. MyLibrary is *not* case-sensitive.
To make full use of the data, you will also need MyLibrary which will allow you to manage, tag and export the songs to the playout system of your choice. The cost of this data is £50 and represents the time and effort taken to create it. The files are delivered by e-mail – it is your responsibility to ensure that you can receive an e-mail attachment of around 8MB.
You will receive the following :
- Over 17,200 JMD Data Files (in ZIP format)
- CSV Spreadsheet of Data
No audio files are included – this is not a music collection!
To purchase, click this payment link or contact me if you wish to pay via Bank Transfer.