uTag (pronounced micro-tag) is a free application for both music lovers and radio producers – it plays, tags and helps you manage the properties of your audio files. You can tag using APE/ID3, Cart Chunk, FLAC, OGG and the original JockMaster JMD formats (as used by MyLibrary.
uTag offers a simple to use PFL player that you can use to set cue points as well as a simple set of Track Attributes (Artist, Title, Year, Genre etc). Unlike MyLibrary, this program has no “bulk change” support or any of the advanced playout export options – it simply tags a single file at a time with the ability to interface to most professional automation systems via Cart Chunk.
This allows you to save extra data for use with AudioVault, EncoDAD, Genesys, Myriad, RCS Master Control/NexGen, WideOrbit etc. It can also perform an autocue of the CueIn and/or Segue markers.
uTag v1.25 Setup
Full installation for first-time users – can be run over an existing installation without losing any settings…
This is a FREE application and offered “as-is” with no support whatsoever.
- GUI can be skinned using MSStyles – freely available and can alter the look of the software in many ways
- Assign the player to any sound device
- Plays FLAC, MP2, MP3, OGG and WAV audio files
- Tag using APE,ID3 or CartChunk
- AutoCue of CueIn and Segue markers
- Set a variety of properties: Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre, End Type, Gender, CartID etc
- AutoCue of CueIn/Segue Markers
- Tag and Send a file direct to the Genesys playout system